It’s such a joy to see the house all lit up for Christmas. It seems to generate a festive mood with all the twinkling and glimmering lights. Shopping had been wonderful, and I couldn’t wait to get home and see what my husband had done this year. Or so I thought, until I saw the ambulance — in front of my house. My heart sank.
Inside Edition discusses tips for a safe holiday:
This year has been stressful enough. Let’s look at more tips to ensure a safe holiday.
- Electrocution: Avoid this by using wooden or fiberglass ladders and watching for broken bulbs or bare wires.
- Outdoor lights: Use lights that have the UL seal, are made to go outdoors and labeled waterproof.
- Extension cords: Use only those rated for outdoor use and keep them off the ground to avoid water and snow.
- Long-term use: Don’t leave them hanging year after year. Check to see the length of time they may be left up.
- Doors and windows: Avoid running extension cords through windows or doors, which can lead to damage and potential electrical shock.
Christmas should be shared with friends and family in a loving manner, not in a hospital room. Do your best to enjoy the season by decorating safely. Speaking of lights, check out these top 5 solar camping lights.
Copyright 2020, TheSurvivalGuide.com