Undoubtedly, we’re living in an era where individuals and organizations exert tremendous influence on global affairs. Frightening as this may seem, the reality is that the human spirit is a resilient one. Many of us are more robust and harder to quash than you’d think – especially when we take steps to bolster our resilience.
Resilience, in essence, means ‘staying power.’ It’s about bouncing back after setbacks because you’ve got backup plans and fallback options. It’s a concept central to survival, where our focus lies today.
Here’s a list of 12 principles that, if applied, will make you a resilient survivor in a fast-changing world.
- Embrace Alternative Forms of Wealth: Keep some of your wealth in non-traditional forms such as gold, silver, and cryptocurrencies. The government can’t manipulate these, offering a more “honest” form of value exchange.
- Opt for a Safer Locality: Leave behind large cities and move to a place where the local culture aligns with your values. As the world is becoming more localized, you should find a community that prizes resilience, self-reliance, honesty, compassion, and self-defense.
- Stay Mobile: Keep your passport updated and have a crypto wallet where your seed phrase is memorized, making your wealth accessible from anywhere. Also, utilize untraceable privacy coins to safeguard your assets.
- Master Secure Communication: Get familiar with secure, private messaging technology, like the Session app, and privacy-focused cryptos like Monero. Acquire satellite phones and radios as alternatives to traditional, traceable communication methods.
- Stay Under the Radar: Avoid ostentatious displays of wealth. Ditch the flashy accessories and luxury vehicles. Embrace a modest lifestyle and blend in with your community.
- Become Self-sufficient in Food: Store food and learn how to grow it. Having these skills will help you prepare for potential food shortages. Learn different food preservation methods like canning and drying.
- Learn Self-Defense: Familiarize yourself with a means of self-defense, like a firearm. Should the need arise, be ready to protect yourself and your household.
- Plan for Displacement: Prepare for the possibility of losing access to your home and having a backup location for essential supplies. This readiness will allow you to recoup and potentially reclaim your home if taken from you.
- Ensure Water Security: Ensure you have a reliable water source at your primary and secondary locations. Water scarcity can quickly become a controlling factor, so devise a plan to filter and store water without electricity.
- Stockpile Essential Medical Supplies: Prepare an emergency medical kit with first aid items and prescriptions. You can maintain your health even in difficult circumstances with the right supplies.
- Maintain Your Physical Health: Stay fit, maintain your endurance, and build strength. The physical demands of an uncertain future require you to be in the best shape possible.
- Prepare for Life without Power: Practice living without electricity. With the potential for sporadic outages, it’s best to have a plan to manage essential tasks without power, like using solar charging devices for small electronics.
These 12 principles are a blueprint to help you become a resilient survivor in an ever-changing world. Adopt them, adapt to them, and let them guide you toward a future of resilience and hope.